Wednesday, July 28, 2010

reminder...

I had a brief chance to chat with a friend yesterday. It had been a while since our paths had crossed. She told me of how a friend of hers had enjoyed reading our blog and the accounts of our 2 China girls and how they each came into our family. It was just what I needed to hear - that someone, somewhere might just open his or her heart to the idea of adoption as a way to grow a family...

"...orphans are easy to ignore, before you know their names.

They are easy to ignore, before you see their faces.

It is easy to pretend they're not real, before you hold them in your arms.

But once you do, everything changes."

Radical,
by David Platt


These words are so true, as I think back to our visit to Ally's orphanage 3 years ago. Little did we know at the time, that visit would be pivotal in our decision to adopt Alaina...

2 comments:

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

I wish everyone could adopt - it's the most amazing experience!

Jodi said...

God is awesome, eh!!!
Love that book!!! and quote!!! Saying "love that book" about a book that makes me feel so inadequate sounds funny but I really need to be put in my place!! :)