Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Celebrating Ally!

Two years ago, our dream came true - again! We became parents again; but no weight was gained, and there were no labor pains.

We were so excited as we walked thru our hotel lobby, climbed into a van and drove to meet our new daughter! We stood outside of a cinder block building as her van drove into the parking lot. I could hardly breathe! When her nanny stepped out of the van holding her, I remmeber saying to myself, "that's a baby!" She was so tiny; smaller than I ever imagined!

Ally, on the other hand, was not so thrilled. She had been contently sleeping in her van from the 1 hour ride from her orphanage - the only home she had ever known. She would be awakened to the site of me taking her from her nanny! What a scary site, I'm sure. She held onto that cracker until she fell asleep on the ride back to the hotel.








Those moments are etched in my memory. I know she doesn't understand the significance of today; not yet, at least. I sure do. Even though we missed her first 2 years, she was certainly meant to be ours!

In a few weeks she will turn 4 years old. She has now spent more than half her life with us. It's just hard to imagine or remember our lives before Ally joined our family. Let's just say that things are never boring - and that is a good thing.



Ally - we love you so very much and are so thankful to have been chosen to be your parents (and sisters)! Happy Gotcha Day!

12 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!! Love Ally's beautiful smile! We are right behind you - Bri's gotcha is on July 30 (two years)!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! Happy Day! and Happy almost b-day!
Miss you guys!

The Hindsman's said...

SWEET!!! Happy Gotcha Day!

Renate said...

I remember the day you left for china. Ally changed peoples lives. Me included. Happy Gotcha Day.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy Day to you all! I know it was such a great one. She is completely beautiful!!!
Blessings!

Alyson and Ford said...

We can't wait to celebrate our first Forever Family Day! (in just two short months!).
She's adorable! Beautiful family! Congratulations!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

Love all the pictures! Thanks! We are so blessed to have Ally in our lives!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been 2 years!! It seems like she's been in our family her whole life! LOVE YOU SO MUCH ALLY!!

Susan

Carol said...

Oh I love the comment that she has been with you longer now than China!

Emily will be 4 on Aug 16th....what's Ally's birthday again???

Anonymous said...

Ally Bug - you have changed the whole, crazy family! Seems like you have been with us forever!
Love you, Aunt Amy

Donna said...

WOW, I can so remember Ally the Screamer post so vividly!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Wow, how times have changed for Ally. Bless her and her family! Love, Frannie