Friday, July 3, 2009

More Big Fam Thoughts

We do some chore sharing, but not enough (in my opinion!). S and L switch each week with dishwasher duty and dog/cat/trash/recycle duty. They will fold laundry when asked (or told), but what I don't see is them "stepping up" to offer their help! I have told them how nice it would be to, every now and then, hear, "Hey Mom, what can I do to help?"; but usually it's "Can I wait until a commercial?"

A and A are very eager to help; however, as you may guess, their help usually ends up being more work in us! At least they like to help, so I let them. Maybe I didn't encourage S and L to help when they were young and willing!

We are ALL quite excited about our beach trip that is approaching. Alaina is so funny about her tan. She does NOT like her tan at all. She says, "I don't want to be brown. I want to be white." Too bad, kiddo, you are looking pretty tan! It's funny -- I'm guessing she was told that being brown is not a good thing. Here it's a different story! Wish I was that tan, that easily! Ally likes her tan because she is beating Sara!

Lauren's cast is off and she is wearing a wrist brace a few hours a day. So glad we are "cast free" before the beach -- I know, knock on wood...

Last night I joined Ellen, Darcy, Donna and Katie for dinner at PFChangs. It was fun to have a GNO! It's been a while since I've gone out with just the grown-up girls!

6 comments:

Carol said...

SPF 50!! LOL...that is funny! Have fun at the beach.....

Katy said...

Lilla is very brown too. When i put on my fake tanner she says "you want to be brown like me?" lol. It was great to see you.

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Lucy: I wanted to post separate pics of all my digit friends and I could not find one picture of you on your blog! At least not without searching for a long time (our computer is getting SLOW these days). I even brought my camera with me that night and forgot to take one picture of the 5 of us. Fun to see everyone and get out.

Donna said...

Had a great time! We definately need to do it again...soon!!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Can't help with the big family ideas since I'm strruggling with keeping up with #1 ;)

How wonderful to see the girls together! The older photo and the current. As LL would say, "Good Job, Mommy!" for getting them together for play dates.

Doughmesticity said...

in most of Asia (esp. developed areas like Japan, Taiwan and Korea), being white instead of tan is preferable b/c traditionally, the people who got tanned were the people who worked in the fields. the people who stayed white were socioeconomically well off. they even sell umbrellas to block the sun in japan and taiwan. and beauty products (even those from abroad, like l'oreal) have different products - no tanning stuff, but they carry "whitening" lotion. it's a cultural thing.
btw, love your blog, the pics and the wonderfully touching stories