Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Amazing...

I am constantly amazed at how "far reaching" our little world is -- how adopting 2 little girls can change SO MANY lives... I'm finding out that we will never really know in how many ways. Of course, you could say that about ANY decision. I recently crossed paths with a "friend" from long-ago. Events led up to her asking me some questions about adoption. So, we met today for a long breakfast and talked about adoption from China - a lot. I don't know what direction this will take (obviously, I HOPE I know the direction), but it was just amazing.... details later as "her story" develops...

Bad blogger is my new code name. Actually it isn't much of a code since I have been the worst blogger -- maybe "blogger gone bad" is a better name. I'll stop be-laboring the fact and just ask you all to get over it. Maybe I'll do better. Don't bank on it!

So, Alaina turned 8 last week. We gave her the gift of getting her ears pierced, but since that scares her, I don't know when it will actually happen. S and L want her to get earrings more then Alaina wants them. This surprises everyone who knows Alaina, since nothing can be too girly for this girl!

We are in the process of a little home improvement project. We have a big deck that overlooks our back yard. It gets FULL sun in the summer (well, actually all year) and it is incredibly HOT out there. We have tables and chairs but by the time it's cool and shady enough to sit or eat out there, the bugs begin to swarm. Not exactly usable space. But now we have it covered and 2/3 screened! It's SO nice - maybe, just maybe, I remember how to post a picture!!! We have put our house projects on hold while recovering (financially) from 2 consecutive adoptions... it's been a while!

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO happy to see your post and Happy birthday to Alaina!!! Can't wait to see your new addition sometime. :)