Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update on Ally's Lunch

So, I emailed her teacher asking her to just please make sure Ally was "set" at lunch today. Here is her sweet reply:

I am so sorry! I didn't realize she had a lunchbox in her bookbag. I
thought we'd gotten them all out. She actually ate a school lunch (hot dog
and sides). But today I got it out and she will be bringing her lunchbox.
I'm sorry to hear she was so tired yesterday. Our rest time should be more
settled today so she should be able to sleep if she needs to. Thanks so
much for letting me know!



We still aren't sure why Ally couldn't have just told us she ate a hot dog. I guess she 'fell apart' on me because she thought I was upset at her for not eating her lunchbox food. Anyway, mystery solved, and Ally did eat lunch yesterday!

This morning I wasn't quite sure how she would take the news that we have to go back to the big school again, but all was well. At breakfast, Ally announced that she knew how to find her class without Alaina's help. Good.

We got to the AM bus stop (right across from our house) early. As we waited, Ally announced, "I don't think it's coming, so I'm gonna just go back inside!" She said this smiling, so I knew she was OK. When we saw the bus round the corner, she gave Lauren and me kisses and was off! Just fine, thank you ma'am!

AFTERNOON UPDATE: Ally made it home AWAKE on the bus! She also ate her lunch!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Poor teacher :) wow! that's a nice school - our kids get dry white bread, and cheese sandwich if they don't have a lunch or money. :)
Glad the second day went well too!
What are you going to do without a preschooler?

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a GREAT report! Whew!!! Feel so much better!!! :)

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

Well, I feel better now knowing Ally didn't starve - we need to get some meat on her! Just FYI - SG slept both to and from some days last year so Ally's not the only one.

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Lucy: You were right! I had been confused myself when I wrote that post about Frannie's 3 year anniversary. I changed "if this is her b-day" to read "if Nov. 2 is her b-day..." Good catch b/c I didn't even catch it!