For some reason, I think that I have a strange "block" in my brain.
Let me explain.
Please.
I tend to think in terms of "finishing" things. Like finishing the laundry, finishing the grocery shopping, finishing stocking up on things (paper towels, prepared spaghetti sauce, etc), finishing eating right, finishing exercising, finishing cleaning the house (cough, cough) ...
Then when I do make a batch of spag sauce and put it in freezer bags in the big freezer in the garage, I don't want to use them. The reason that I do this, is obvious -- to make life easier during the week! Then I get frustrated and want to totally empty the freezer - to "eat thru" everything (not me personally) so I can defrost it or something crazy like that.
I'm not that great of a finisher though. Just ask Doug - he will tell you that I'm a great starter of projects, but not that strong of a finisher... What does that say about me? What does all of "this" say about me? Maybe that is a rhetorical Q that I don't really want "you people" to answer!
I have to realize that I will never finish these things -- maybe that will make me a better person. This post is going no where...
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Girl I hear you - I have learned to not be such a perfectionist! A kitchen swept every day is good enough - mopping only happens once a week now.
Shoot - there is always someone on it!
i am a horrible finisher also. which is why i am so thrilled that Jesus says, "it is finished" based upon HIS work on the cross. i rest in His finishing of the really important work. the little things... they may all have to be finished in heaven!
Post a Comment